Monday, April 18, 2011

Theme: Spring Cards

March 2011 Stamp Camp Theme:  Spring Cards

This card has a fancy fold--it opens upward just on the right half.  We pressed the vase directly into the ink pad surface for a new inky-texture.

My campers were relieved to find out that this little funny guy wasn't as tricky to put together as Goofy (see the previous post), so we had a lot of fun with this card : ).

Another fancy fold here--the card opens on the right, but only the bottom half opens (the words you see on the top are already on the "inside" of the card).  Kind of like those doors where you can open the bottom or top half of the door and leave the other portion locked, only the top portion of this card is missing.

This basket is easily colored with the coordinating Stampin' Write markers.  I love that Pink Pirouette (the lightest pink) is now a permanent part of our color collection!  The faux button here is just a 1/2" circle punched out of paper, with tiny holes punched for the linen thread to tie through; then raised with a Stampin' Dimensional, of course.



Jenna asks:  Have you ever sent a card anonymously to someone who needed it?  I'd love to hear about it.

2 comments:

  1. they are all so cute. the first one for me is more 'hip' but i love them all. and all your comments. i love sending cards to people when they least expect it. i know it brings me great joy when it happens to me. jenna you are always good at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dolcepeter, thanks for your comment! I definitely agree with the "hip" idea--that card is my favorite, too. The Eastern Blooms flowers are so spicey and Asian-like, which I really like, especially with the striking colors. I can only take partial credit for this design...good thing I have so many talented stamping friends who inspire me : ).

    ReplyDelete