Monday, April 18, 2011

Theme: Love and Laughter

February 2011 Stamp Camp Theme:  Love and Laughter
Watercoloring isn't everyone's favorite...but I love the way it looks!  **Tip:  if you paint the image with plain water before you paint it with color, it will help your colors land much more smoothly on your finished product (and possibly stay in the lines better, if you want!).  I just love this Totally Tess lady, she's quite the versatile one.

What could be better than hearts and swirls?
There are other ways to use line-art images besides just coloring inside the lines.  Line them up in repetition for extra line-like fun (heh, heh).

Goofy was a little bit of a bear to put together, but well worth the effort, don't you think?  Such a fun card.
Jenna asks:  do you remember the first thing you stamped?  What was it?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad that I missed this camp! The cards are so cute! The first thing I ever stamped was actually a Valentines page for a scrapbook. I did it at a stamp camp in Las Vegas in 2005. I've been in love with Stampin' Up! ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I remember stamping was stacks of blank half-sheets of white paper, making "stationery" for writing letters. I was a little girl, and my mom had just discovered stamping. She showed me the technique where you draw on your images with markers instead of using an ink pad, and we used a pretty bouquet-of-flowers stamp. I loved writing letters then (and still do), and loved making my paper so pretty like that. So, I have my mom to thank for my stamping habits! Thanks, Mom!

    ReplyDelete