Sunday, April 17, 2011

Theme: Birthday Cards

January 2011 Stamp Camp Theme:  Birthday Cards


The scallop circle punch plus the crimper, and a cherry on top, are perfect for making cupcakes!  I'm a scallops fan...

I love this row of beautiful cakes (heaven knows I was not born a baker or a cook, so I admire other peoples' creative edible works of art, even if they're only made of paper).

I thought the use of tin foil made this birthday card perfect for boys and men--and I'm always running out of masculine birthday cards.

I always feel like I'm stepping out of my box a little when I use bright and bold colors.  This one with the dark blue though made it regal enough for my taste : ).


 Jenna asks:  what type of cards do you like sending the most?  Birthday, Thank you, Christmas, Thinking of You, Humorous...other?  What type of cards do you like receiving the most? 

3 comments:

  1. I love sending Christmas cards! I always like sending them because I put a little up date about our family and it's nice to feel like I've updated all our friends and family. I like receiving birthday cards the most because I get very different cards from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, turtlechomp! I like sending Christmas cards too. Partly because it seems like it's a dying tradition. Many people just send the photo cards now, if anything, which are GREAT, but the handmade touch is something a little extra special, I think. As for birthday cards, I love sending those and only WISH I received more of them! I feel lucky if I get one each year! I'm a little juvenile about my birthday sometimes, I think, 'cause I start telling people about it weeks in advance, ha ha (May 18th...cough, cough). :)

    Anyway, I forgot to answer this question myself, so I thought I'd give my input here--I do love receiving thank you cards, and love sending those the most too, I believe. I feel everyone needs to be appreciated more and told "I love you" or "you mean a lot to me" at the same time. After all, "a card is just a hug with a fold in the middle"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. https://www.miuiupdates.com/2021/03/miui-13-update.html?m=4

    ReplyDelete