Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mother's Day Cards 2012

There's just something special about this card that I can't put into words.  I love so many different elements of it though.  It was fun to design a Mother's Day card that didn't have the traditional "feminine" colors in it--because we all know that not every woman loves pink, right?  Or at least we don't all love pink ALL the time, so it's fun to change it up.  I enjoyed making the ruffles for this card with the ribbon punch--it was easy to ruffle it up after I crumpled and scrunched it up (the "card stock ribbon") in my hands for a minute.


I'm going to miss this Tote-ally Tess stamp set, which is being retired this month from our catalog.  She's such a pretty little stamped lady!  I was glad to get one more smile from her featured in a stamp camp, and I thought she'd be the perfect image to tell many of the mothers in my life of my admiration and gratitude for them!

(Sorry this one is tilted.)  Isn't this a pretty bunch of flowers from the Vintage Vogue set?  The pearls in the center add an elegant and fun extra polka dot element to the centers of the smaller flowers.

I wanted to show in this photo the gorgeous card under my finger tips that my cousin Radene made, which inspired my floral design.  Also here you can see how I used a Mother's Day greeting on the front of that card (my floral one) which I sent to my wonderful mother.  That was my camp for May...I'm grateful to all those who attended and enjoyed this stamping time with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment